Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Surgery....✔️

The anticipation of surgery day, September 3, 2015 was almost torturous!  I'd never had surgery so I had no idea what to expect. But I was ready to take it on. I was ready to do whatever I needed to continue this journey to become cancer free.  I had several weeks after my last chemo to go home and spend time with family and friends, help out with the ALWS, and spend a little time resting at my Dad's before returning to Jacksonville for the next BIG step.



I had a lot of confidence in both surgeons but was still an absolute wreck.....until "Happy Hour" in the prep room!  
Oh mercy!  If I could remember any of it I think I should be embarrassed!  I've been told I was talking to everybody, telling jokes and making new Facebook friends! I even offered to make Pink Lemonade Martinis for everyone!


was having so much fun I almost forgot I was there for surgery! Anyways, they used laparoscopic surgery to  remove both ovaries, Fallopian tubes and my appendix. They also removed the tumor area from my breast with the help of the radioactive seed that had been placed. Now for the lymph nodes. As most of you know, I was very worried about that. So they used a dye to identify my sentinel lymph nodes and removed 4 of them. The pathologist checked them immediately and they were astonished to find no cancer. There was only scar tissue where the cancer had been! They will look at them closer to make sure the margins are clear but I'm sure it's gone!



Recovery is going well and I'm ready for the next step. Radiation Therapy. In the words of my friend Carol...cancer hi-jacked my life for a year and I'm ready to get it back!




“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment